If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... Not that I'm comparing these two completely different events that happened in different countries. Nor am I suggesting that corrupt regimes are more than willing to sacrifice their own in an effort to quell an uprising and validate use of force. I just find it interesting that these two items popped up right after each other on my newsfeed: "In a protest against the Peruvian government destructing the rainforest,a group of indigenous people occupied the airfield used by oil giant Pluspetrol. But when a policeman was killed, a group of indigenous men were jailed, and accused of murder and terrorism. Witness follows them as they struggle to clear their names in a courtroom where everything is stacked against them. http://aje.io/jap9"

No comments:

Post a Comment