If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... Trying to explain that while The Monty Hall Problem did get von Savant a shitload of hate, the problem and the fascination is not about sexism, but about the human brain and the inability to intuitively grasp probability and what that means on a large scale when trying to deal with humanity and how this plays into the ability to calculate risk and the implications... Also pigeons get it right, showing pigeons are better at game shows and math. A losing battle because I'm not respecting feelings which matter more than WHAT THE PROBLEM ACTUALLY IS ABOUT. For my next act I'm going to try to teach a pig to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment