If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Friday, January 2, 2015

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... "I am afraid of the police because it seems that if I do something to make them uncomfortable, walk in the "wrong" neighborhood, or am perceived as a threat, I could be shot and killed, and no one would be held accountable. I could be handcuffed in the back of a police car and shot, and it will written up as a suicide. I could be choked to death on camera, and no indictment will occur, even if the medical examiner rules it a homicide. I could pick up a BB gun in a Walmart and be shot, and there will be no state-sponsored funeral, no flags at half-staff. There will be only my wife and my community grieving, with another reason to be afraid of the police."

No comments:

Post a Comment