If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Monday, January 5, 2015

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... This. Disturbing to think of, but totally makes sense. " Oxytocin, a hormone that is released during arousal, can increase pain tolerance by as much as 75 percent. So I wasn’t surprised to read that some kids who are regularly spanked experience a surge of oxytocin when they sense danger. It makes sense. If a kid expects a parent to cause physical pain, why wouldn’t her brain trigger an unconscious state of arousal to release the hormone that helps mitigate that pain? Does the possibility that parental spankings trigger sexual arousal hormones along with tears make anyone else a little uncomfortable?"

No comments:

Post a Comment