If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Friday, July 26, 2013

Angry and Frustrated in NC

I am so angry. So frustrated. I'm sitting in bed, crying in rage and fury.

NC just passed the most suppressive voting restrictions in the country. Restrictive rules on women's health. On the poor.

This is not what my country is about. Not what we should settle for. The GOP sold itself to it's corporate.masters and to hell with the people they are supposed to represent.

It's about power. Shaming. Punishing. Control. They don't care a damn about women's health, about helping people, about making it easy to exercise constitutional rights like voting. But I have a feeling they see the end coming and are desperately trying to cheat their way into keeping power. 

But know what I'm going to do? I'm going to spend the next year getting people registered to vote. And I'm going to volunteer to drive people to the polls. I'm going to donate money to the ACLU so they can take you to court. I'm going to support Planned Parenthood and help women get health care. 

I'm going to watch you sink yourselves. I'm going to watch justice win in the end. And my kid will see that he has power, too. And there will be another generation getting ready to vote...And they will know the power of that vote.

I will not leave for my kid a world less free than the one I was born in. Will. Not.

You have struck a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment