If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... This is perfect! I hope you will join in! " She created “A Day of Permission” on Facebook and asked women of Texas to unite to call, email or tweet Governor Perry, Lt. Gov. Dewhurst and Texas legislators “if you want to make decisions about my uterus and my reproductive life, you get to make all the decisions about my life. You don’t get to cherry pick.” Hundreds joined and flooded their phone lines, email boxes and twitter to ask anything from what they should eat for lunch to whether they should use tampons or pads to whether they should consider changing birth control. UniteWomen.org contacted Beth and is taking her idea national starting tomorrow with “Need Your Permission”. So much anti-women legislation has been introduced/passed in many states since 2011 and now passed in the U.S. House of Representatives." http://samuel-warde.com/2013/07/need-your-permission-goes-nationwide-with-the-help-of-unitewomen-org-one-person-can-make-a-difference/

No comments:

Post a Comment