If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... So I tell the teen about #ncga trying to pull a fast one on abortion laws. There is a pause, and he says "what time do we need to be there?" And I say "starts at 9 am" and he says "I'll be up at 4:30 to get the car gassed up." Have I told you lately how much I love this kid? How many teenaged young men are that aware and that willing to be part of the process? To stand for all women? This is one amazing awesome kid, and I am so proud to be his stepmom and have a part in helping him grow into the man he is becoming. My heart is full knowing he wants to march next to me. My little boy is a man. I'd sniffle but he'd get all embarrassed...So I'll remind him to wear clean clothes and comfy shoes! Might need to break out the Danskos. Layers, because jails are chilly. Bring my ACLU membership card. Not planning to be arrested but its a possibility. My kid is a hero. A small one today, doing small acts of heroics. Today. Tomorrow...he will change the world, this kid will. So proud of him! I guess all that homeschooling left him so unsocialized he's compelled to take part in active defense of his civic duties. I'll take that as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment