If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... Today was a great lesson in intersectionality: Planned Parenthood and NARAL along with the NAACP of NC and Democracy NC, along with others. What do we want? Justice. What do we want? Women's rights. What do we want? Voter's rights. What do we want? Health care. What do we want? Education. Forward together, not one step back. I love it! I was able to speak at Gov. McCrory's office. Why do these rights matter to me? My mother's family is Jewish, escaped from Romania in 1938. My father grew up in Nicaragua, under the Samosa regime. He became a citizen the same year I turned 18, and together we went to vote, for the first time. Do not make their immigration pointless. Do take away freedoms, from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment