If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... Was home by 10:20. This ending a 19.5 hour day which included 4.5 hours of standing, followed by 2.5 hours of marching. Followed by a painful metro, car ride, car ride to home.the sitting was good, it was the getting up to change transportation modes that hurt! A 19 and half hour day. Plus fifty years. Today my teen and I marched on Washington, for jobs and freedom. For voting rights. Economic justice. Women's rights. Immigration reform. We marched to stop racism profiling. Stop & Frisk. We marched for more. We marched for everyone. Speak up, speak out. Stand up, get up, and walk forward. Forward together NOT ONE STEP BACK! To sleep now. To dream of a world that doesn't need March and protests...

No comments:

Post a Comment