If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Guardian ad Litem

I am a Guardian ad Litem. That means I volunteer. I volunteer to go meet with children who have been removed from their homes. And I talk to parents and friends and relatives and counselors and anyone else that might be involved.

And I go to court and I speak for the child.




It has bad moments. Long histories of abuse, broken families, tragedy.

But it also feels good to lend my voice to someone who is silenced. Who is tossed into the fray of buracrecy and competing agendas with no weapons and not even a clue as to what's at stake.

It's well worth the sleepless nights and hours hunched over a computer trying to get a court report just right...

Because it matters. What I say matters. To the life of a child.

So even when I can't sleep, I can still rest easy.

Do it. Call today. Donate some time, be the voice for a child.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment