If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend with Dogs

So I went with some friends to their beach cottage, and of course their dogs went with. We had a wonderful dinner and relaxed on the porch and then I crawled into bed, hoping to rest up for a day on the beach.

But at some point in the night my door sllloooooowly crept open, and on soft paws came a dog.

And another.

And another.

I drifted awake feeling vaguely crowded, looked across the bed and saw this:


Three Dobermans sharing my (full-sized) bed!

Tilly was sharing my pillow, Bonnie was using my knees as her pillow, and Duke was staring out the window.

Here is a better shot of Duke:


He looks so pensive. Maybe he wishes he could be outside chasing the bunnies and foxes. Maybe he's remembering the days before he was rescued. Maybe he was planning his next big bark...we will never know.

Bonnie, however, was quite content to be with me:


Either that, or she was protecting me from floating up in the event of a sudden lose of gravity...

Yes, sleeping with three large bed-hogging dogs can be...positionally challenging. On the plus side, eviction is easy.

Just say the magic words, "Breakfast? BREAKFAST!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. They're so beautiful. I used to have some big fluffy retrievers that liked to sneak onto the bed with me. Pillow stealing was completely off limits though.

    ReplyDelete