If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you; I came to live out loud.

~ Emile Zola

Monday, May 19, 2014

Darlene Pineda

via Facebook... Damn my To Do list. What I want to do: pull up covers, cuddle with my dogs, sleep, pain meds as needed. What I have to do: put window film on window to stop Timber threshold (just blocking the window worked for three seconds, until Timber got around it!) Realize the window film isn't going to be enough, remove windows, add wall. Realize that won't be enough, crawl into crate with cupcakes to sooth myself. Get more cupcakes. Rehome items I no longer need. Preferably for money, but free to a good home is also good! Yes, I'll be going through shoes, Miss Melanie! See how much agility equipment can be used and/or repaired and isn't damaged, and get it set up. Then go and BUY MOAR THINGS! For the dogs. So totally doesn't count as buying stuff for me. Right? Call insurance and see if they ever plan on contacting me again. I need a window and a floor and a fence and all kinds of things. Remind myself that none of this is an emergency, plenty have it worse, but know I'll be impatient anyway. Be glad I had friends who were willing to help my houseguests, and be happy that they were able to start their journey west, because my space might not be habitable for weeks yet :( Feel vaguely guilty that I allowed a tornado to mess up my house. Enjoy saying "oh, got hit by a tornado!" Because it's another checkmark on the Things I've Experienced list. Eat a cupcake that Courtney brought me all the way from DC! Maybe eat two. Plan trip to DC to eat MOAR CUPCAKES! Start cleaning out FROG on the off chance insurance one day will pay my claim. This means detritus. And heavy things. Sort items for yard sale on shelves in garage. Play with puppies. Make eye doctor appointment. Because I'm tired of squinting at the tv. Continue the reconfiguration of my bedroom, cleaning of closet, and placement of new crates. Get packed up, drive three hours, stand up for the rights of all the people in my state....Yay Moral Monday! Maybe get in some civil disobedience, maybe next time. Later this week, along with anything I procrastinated: Start PT. Decide on hip needle jab or topical meds. Intense short term pain vs. less intense longer term pain Sex Trivia with friends! Walk away feeling proud, or with a new To Do list ;) Suck it up and actually eat something that wasn't frozen first, for my health. Start begging friends to invite me over to dinner. FOR MAI HEALTHS! Decide that bread and cheese is a perfectly fine diet. With wine. Life is really, really awesome! Oh, someone I know had a house fire, and her daughter needs 3 and 4T clothes, if anyone can help please pm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment